You will learn key principles of Information Architecture for the governance of information within Microsoft 365. This course considers how Information Architecture is used in an Information Management context. During the course you will need to solve the crime hidden inside the Microsoft 365 training environment by working through the information Architecture and following the money trail! Who will be found guilty of the crime!
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Information Architecture
- Understanding organisational context: governance, strategy, current state
- Information Architecture for Findability and Compliance
- Identifying Information Architecture requirements
- Access and retention requirements
- Developing an implementation plan for Information Architecture
- Practical application of Information Architecture to Microsoft 365
- Structures, containers and relationships (hubs, sites, libraries, teams, channels)
- Creating taxonomies for consistency (term sets, choices)
- Making the most of metadata (content types, columns, terms and keywords)
- Using templates to deploy architecture (site templates/standards, provisioning)
- Findability (search design, views, filters and groupings)
- Testing Information Architecture
- Implementation strategies for Information Architecture
- Migration strategies for Information Architecture
- Monitoring, reporting and compliance
- Business as usual Governance
- Roles and responsibilities for IT, Information Management, Data managers etc
- Sustainability and the Microsoft 365 evergreen model
Who should attend?
This course is for Records Managers/Officers or any staff with information management responsibilities. Delegates might would include Records Management staff, Information Governance Officers and Information Managers.
Suggested Follow on Courses
Book more than one course and receive a 10% discount.