This is a two-day course with hands on experience in an Microsoft 365 training environment. You will be given an understanding of the most up to date technology underpinned by records management best practice and standards.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe Microsoft 365 Information Architecture
- Describe the differences between SharePoint Sites, Microsoft 365 Groups, Microsoft Teams and OneDrive
- Describe SharePoint Site Collections, Sites, Libraries and Folders
- Design Metadata structure for a Library, Site and Organization
- Create Information Governance Labels including
- Retention Labels
- Record Labels
- Regulatory Record Labels
- Create Retention Policies
- Create Policies to Automatically Assign Information Governance labels
- Describe the Licensing Requirements for Information Governance in Microsoft 365
- Describe the limitation of Microsoft 365 Information Governance features
The course will cover the following topics:
- Module 1:
- Records Management and M365
- Microsoft 365Environment
- Modern Collaboration Architecture
- Considerations in a cloud world
- Data Governance within M365
- Microsoft 365 Information Architecture
- Relationship between Teams& SharePoint
- Metadata and Content types
- Making the most of metadata
- Microsoft Purview compliance portal
- Records Management Overview
- Records Management Features
- Retention Policies•Retention Labels
- Static and Adaptive scopes
- File Plans
- Retention triggers including event triggers
- Labels declaring records
- Retention Policies
- Auto-application of retention labels
- Retention labels vs Retention Policies
- Principles of retention
- Disposition options
- Best practice for retention labels and policies
- Licensing requirements for RM
- M365 records management limitations
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Dashboards, audit log and reporting
- Which license do we need?
- Planning for change
- Working together with IT
- M365 Assessment against key RM standards
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those involved in design and adoption Microsoft 365 for Information governance. You should already have equivalent knowledge and skills to those covered in our Microsoft 365 Super User course.
Designed around Records Managers/Officers or those who have roles including the management of records. Delegates could include Records Managers/staff, Information Governance Officers or Managers and Data Protection Officers.
This is an advanced Microsoft 365 course and assumes you are already:
- Familiar with using Microsoft 365 for file storage including SharePoint
- Familiar with editing document metadata (properties) in SharePoint
You should also have a familiarity with information life cycles and records management in general terms, as covered in our Records Management Training – All You Need to Know course.
Suggested Follow on Courses
Book more than one course and receive a 10% discount.
Will I get a recognised qualification?jacqui2022-09-08T23:58:07+10:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive 6 or 12 CPD points for each course attended.
Do you offer any course discounts?jacqui2022-09-08T23:57:46+10:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
We offer 20% off on selected course for promotional offers.
What happens if the course is cancelled?jacqui2022-09-08T23:57:23+10:00
We try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?jacqui2022-09-08T23:58:42+10:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.